VLC Media Player Free Download
Download VLC Media Player Free for Windows PC from Best for PC. 100% Safe and Secure ✓ Free Download (32-bit/64-bit) Latest Version.
VLC Media Player Free Download
From VideoLAN Client to VLC Media Player, this Multimedia Software has come so far to become the best Free Media Player for diverse platforms and devices. It’s open-source and conveniently plays maximum multimedia files, discs, various online streamings, devices, and webcams. Directly from the PC or removable devices to play multimedia files, supports popular streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Gaia, and so on to stream right from the Media Player, and also watch live video from YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Xbox Live, PlayStation Live, etc. Unlike other alternatives, VLC is available at no charge and never uses advertisements for people who feel annoying regarding. So, you can download this Multimedia Software for your Windows PC and get features packed to operate from a software like this. VLC receives support from a non-profit organization. If possible, you can donate to their welfare, with thanks.
The diversity of file formats is vast, and not every Media Player can fill with all, especially when you seek a free yet perfect one. However, VLC Media Player turns the table to be more robust yet stays as simple as possible. As such, this Multimedia Software received so much appreciation from its users and increased its regular user base. Its simplified environment, and support for features, functions, and file types, are the stories behind the triumph. It adds an abundance of file formats and maximum codes, making it free to know how to enjoy multimedia files fully. It expands the support of new devices, formats, inputs, and metadata and advances the current ones, thanks to the continuous upgrades ensuring modern codes for more likelihood. Therefore, get the Multimedia Software on your Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, and other supporting platforms.
How is the UI of VLC Media Player?
Download and install this Free Media Player on your Windows PC. After a swift installation, open it to watch and play. On the graphical side, VLC includes a clean user interface, containing no fancy elements and buttons to enhance but simple ones to keep accessible for the eyes. However, you can personalize the layout or choose and use various skins by downloading to change the app’s appearance according to your preferences. There’ve extensions to install and use for an even smoother user experience.
How to use VLC?
To proceed, click the Media menu and choose whether Open Folder or Open File to load the folder or file with the desired media to play. Contrarily, drag any media file and drop it into the VLC window, and the video will start playing automatically. Further, you can choose Open Playlist from the Media menu to play a playlist and similarly to play a CD or DVD by choosing Open Disc and the available options within. Select Open Network Stream to stream online media files by copying and pasting the stream link in the available bar. Get to listen to any radio station available in this Multimedia Software. It is also possible to view images through VLC, requiring adding from the Photos app and syncing them with the Windows Media Player to view pictures from a single place. Get clearer what you’re considering or playing by switching on to fullscreen.
You’ll notice different Controls down to the playing windows, pause, resume, fast-forward, and reverse the audio or video. With the help of Video & Audio menus to change the brightness, volume, and additional settings. You can play audio and video files at the same time. Use the playlist editor to manage media files. Save configurations you’ve used to playback for later usage on others. Besides these, VLC Media Player offers multiple other options and features to explore and use, ensuring you get the most out of the application until it meets your requirements. One of these is a 12-band equalizer that can help you adjust the audio frequency using sliders to get superior sound, having no saving options for those custom-made configurations. However, in this case, you also get some presets to use. This Free Media Player also has some audio visualization options. Download subtitles for videos from VLSub.
Can VLC play 4K videos?
Everyone loves to watch videos in high resolutions. Maximum Multimedia Software out there boast of offering excellent quality but end up with lousy imaging. Then again, some of them may play slowly or auto-pause sometimes during a playback. But these issues have been solved, thanks to the great features offered by VLC Media Player. And it supports up to 8K resolution videos to play, which is by default on in H/W decoding. But you must check the Input/Codecs option to ensure it.
What are the features of VLC Media Player?
Everything supported by VLC Media Player is articulated here:
- 3D audio and 360° video playback with perspective changes.
- HDMI passthrough for Audio HD codecs, such as DTS-HD, TrueHD, or E-AC3.
- Google Cast or Chromecast support.
- Network browsing for distant FTP, SFTP, SMB, NFS, and other file systems
- 12bits codec & extended colorspaces (HDR)
- Support for Ambisonics audio & 8+ audio channels.
- Secure password storage.
- Subtitles size changes during playback.
- H/W decoding & display on every platform.
- HEVC H/W decoding on Android with OMX and MediaCodec.
- HEVC H/W decoding on MS Windows, with DxVA2 and D3D11.
- Android- MPEG-2, VC1/WMV3 H/W decoding.
- HEVC & H.264 H/W decoding based on VideoToolbox for iOS & macOS.
- Significant improvements for the MMAL decoder & output for rPI2 and rPI.
- Linux- New VA-API decoding & rendering.
- New libmpg123-based MPEG-1/2 audio layer I, II, III along with MPEG 2.5 decoder.
- New decoder for MIDI on Windows, iOS & macOS.
- Blu-Ray- BD-Java menus & overlay to play.
- Blu-Ray text subtitles (HDMV) decoder.
- OggSpots video decoder.
- New libbpg-based BPG decoder.
- Experimental AV1 video and Daala video decoders
- Canopus HQX, Cineform, FMVC, Pixlet, QDMC, SpeedHQ & TDSC decoders.
- ARIB-B24, CEA-708 support.
- Support for TTML subtitles with EBU-TT variant.
- Support for webVTT subtitles rewriting, with CSS style support.
- Rework of the MP4 demuxer: with Flip4Mac, TTML, VP8, XiphQT & 608/708 mappings.
- Rework of the TS demuxer: with ARIB, Opus & SCTE-18 mappings.
- Support for Creative ADPCM in AVI and VOC files.
- Chained-OGG & RAW-HEVC support and FLAC improvements.
- Support for HD-DVD .evo.
- Rework of the PS demuxer, compatible with HEVC, refining broken files’ compatibility.
- Improvements on MKV, with DVD-menus and FFv1 support, and faster seeking.
- Better metadata formats in maximum media file formats.
- Blu-Ray ISO & Blu-Ray Menus (BD-J) full support.
- Support for Adaptive Streaming protocols rewriting.
- HLSv4 to HLSv7 support, with MP4 and ID3 cases.
- Support for DASH rewriting with MPEG2TS and ISOBMFF.
- SAT>IP devices support for DVB-S through IP networks.
- SFTP, SMB & NFS share support with browsing.
- HTTP 2.0 support.
- SRT streaming protocol support.
- Streaming support to Chromecast devices.
- Streaming Opus support inside TS.
- VP8 and VP9 encoding support through libvpx.
- MP4 fragmented muxing support.
- x265 encoding improvements.
- The OpenGL output gets improvements: direct showing and HDR tone-mapping.
- New Direct3D11 video output compatible with Windows PCs and WinRT modes.
- Direct3D11 with HDR10 support using Windows 10 Fall Creator Update.
- Rework of the Android video outputs.
- OpenGL as Linux/BSD video output; by default.
- H/W deinterlacing on the rPI with MMAL.
- H/W accelerated chroma/adjust/deinterlacing using D3D9 and D3D11.
- H/W accelerated chroma/adjust/deinterlacing/sharpen using VA-API.
- H/W accelerated adjust/sharpen/sepia/posterize/invert using CoreImage.
- Video filter for conversion between fps rates.
- Complete AudioTrack Android output rewriting.
- EAC3 and TRUEHD passthrough support for PulseAudio.
- Support HDMI/SPDIF passthrough for WASAPI (TRUEHD/DTSHD/DTS/EAC/3AC3).
- New Tien audio output.
- AudioUnit modules’ rework to share other code between Mac & iOS.
- Binauralizer audio filter, operating with Ambisonics or 5.1/7.1 streams.
- Ambisonics audio renderer, compatible with up to third order.
- SoX Resampler library audio filter module (converter & resampler).
- Pitch shifting module.
- Windows XP to 11, Android 4.2 to 13, Mac 10.7 to 13 & iOS 9 to 16.
- Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox 1, Windows Store.
- Windows RT 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1.
- Android TV, Chromebooks with Play Store.
- GNU/Linux, Ubuntu, *BSD.
- Chromecast support from your smartphone.
- Available on all Android TVs, Chromebooks & DeX.
- HEVC H/W decoding with MediaCodec.
- Picture-in-Picture support.
- Android Auto containing voice actions.
- Playlist file detection.
- New bindings for C++ & C++/CX.
- Improved Android applications, native and Java ones support.
- Chromecast & Renderer target support.
- New input-from-memory for custom protocols or DRM implementation.
- New API for dialogs, particularly for HTTPS warnings.
- New API to manage slave inputs, with subtitles on the network.
- Better API for server discovery.
- Better EPG events API.
- Better codec, format descriptions & associated metadata.
What does VLC support?
Supported Audio & Video formats by VLC- 3GP, AVI, WMV- 1/2/3/9, WMVC-1, MPEG- 1/2, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-4 AVC, MJPEG A/B, DivX 1/2/3/4/5/6, 3ivX D4, H.264, H.263/H.236i, H.261, DV, Dirac/VC-2, Theora, Sorenson 1/3, RealVideo 1/2/3/4, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Matroska (MKV), FLV, RAW DV, MP3- MPEG Layer 3, MPEG Layer 1/2, AC3- A/52, AAC- MPEG-4 part3, E-AC-3, WMA 1/2/3, ALAC, FLAC, MLP/TrueHD>3, APE, MIDI, DTS, AMR (3GPP), ADPCM, LPCM, QDM2/QDMC, QCELP, MACE, Alaw/µlaw, Musepack/MPC, Mod, Vorbis, Speex, Real Audio, DV Audio., True Audio, etc.
Other than that, this Free Media Player supports DVD Video, DVB (Satellite, Cable TV, Digital TV), VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), and Blu-ray Discs. Supported input devices are FTP/HTTP, UDP/RTP Unicast & Multicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, TCP/RTP Unicast, MMS, Video acquisition, MPEG encoder, etc. In these, VLC also adds miscellaneous CPU acceleration, Localization, ActiveX plugin, Mozilla Firefox plugin, Bonjour protocol, SAP/SDP announces, SVCD Menus, CDDB CD info, CD-Text, IPv6, IGMPv3, and MLDVv2.
What are the alternatives to VLC?
Figuring out the best Free Media Player needs one’s consideration. Since every Multimedia Software is better in its way. Although VLC Media Player will always stay at the top of the list because of having everything one would need. But, to consider its alternative, you might go with ALLPlayer, an excellent Media Player available for free, letting users play all audio and video formats and scan and download subtitles. Another good option is PotPlayer can play almost every multimedia file, even discs, in a minimalist window, including a screenshotting tool and operability with Digital TVs. You could also consider KMPlayer, one of the leading Multimedia Software available out there, available for free, plays videos with unique features, and the only downside is too many advertisements to show.
VLC’s latest version proves to being a versatile solution. The newest version brings a significant upgrade for users, an advantage for tech-savvies, including a new audio core, preparation for UHD video, H/W encoding & decoding, special care for more formats compatibility, port to mobile platforms, and others. Moreover, VLC’s new major update is called Vetinari, which brings H/W decoding for UHD playback by default, support for 3D audio & 360° video support, HMDI Audio passthrough, HDR & 10-bit video, Blu-Ray Java menus to play BD-J, Google cast or Chromecast support, network browsing for NAS systems, etc.
- Codec updates.
- Major adaptive streaming updates.
- Multiple updates of 3rd-party libraries.
- Fixed seeking for a few formats (for example, OOG).
- Fixed playback of various files on a few older graphics cards (GPU).
- Avoid a live playlist loop when it’s about extremely small or failed items.
- Fixed a few SMB protocol behaviors.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Fixed many security problems.
VLC Media Player Technical Setup Details:
- Full Software Title: VLC Media Player
- Software Version: 3.0.18
- Full Setup Size: 42 MB
- License: Freeware (No Ads)
- Software Developers: VideoLAN Organization.
VLC Media Player System Requirements:
- Operating System (32-Bit & 64-Bit): Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 & 11.
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM.
- Hard Disk Space (HDD/SSD): 200 MB of free hard disk storage space is required for installation.
- Processor (CPU): Above mentioned Windows with the latest CPU to stand for high-resolution files.
VLC Media Player Free Download
Download the most recent version of VLC Media Player and use its features and functions to conveniently play audio and video files. New changes, improvements, and fixes bugs are available in the latest version, making sure a one-stop solution. It’s important to note that VLC is also available for older Windows versions like Server 1998, Server 1995, and Windows Me (Millennium Edition); users can install KernalEx otherwise, use VLC’s old versions.