Affinity Publisher Free Download
Publishing is a complex job to do. However, its complexity makes it attention-grabbing. You got the most exciting works that stand out from the ground while you go through complexities. The reigning Desktop Publishing Application, Adobe InDesign is determined to make it the best so far for the users, but still not a suggestable software for many users; it is the best but not beginner-friendly and not a cup of tea to master. But Affinity Publisher would be a great choice if you come from InDesign, especially for beginners; they can take their first step of publishing life from here. This Desktop Publisher is developed by Serif (makers of the award-winning apps Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer), which is the most advanced professional publishing software that allows you to work with hassle-free and excellent production quality. Therefore, download the next generation of professional publishing, Serif Affinity Publisher, today.
Mainly, Affinity Publisher is a Desktop Publisher, enabling you to create a magazine, book, website mock-up, social media templates, materials, and whatever you want smoothly and intuitively. You have all the controls to mix up your images, graphics, and text to bring your imagination to life. At the start, users might find the user interface of the app slightly overwhelming because of the several panels and sections. But gradually, after using the incorporated samples within the Desktop Publishing Application, they can figure out everything and work appropriately with them. Know that once users get used to the publishing app, they can disable the sections that do not require to them so that the aim is only on the project. You can also try this classic desktop publishing software, Adobe PageMaker.
Get started with Affinity Publisher, and create a new project from scratch, whether choose from one of the included preset layouts or create a new layout for your project. You have various presets, for example, Photo, Press ready, Print, Architectural, Devices, or Web. Also, change the number of pages, color format, page dimensions, and document units. And all the requirements are there to create perfect layouts-
- Live master pages with nested master pages, etc.
- Facing page spreads
- Advanced snapping, grids, and guides
- Image frames with the options for scaling intelligently
- Advanced typography
- Custom shaped text frames
- The connection between more than one text frames together in your project
- Text wrapping with the control for padding finely
- Tables & custom table formats
This Desktop Publisher also provides you with complete professional print output with the ability to share your templates in multiple apps and devices for more workflows.
On the advanced typography with Affinity Publisher, you have all tools to add text according to your preferences, what you want to say, related to the project type, or whatever you want to share with the world. Write it down for the project using different typography options. Make your writings easier for others’ readership. Think creative and use all the choices you have
- Various styles with complete power over character and paragraph
- Comprehensive support for OpenType, unwrap every aesthetic feature of the latest fonts
- Decorate text, add borders, lines, or drop capitals and initial words directly
- Artistic text, get creative power over titling and other noticeable text
- Flow text together with any path, like drawing any curve and type
- Advanced flow options and hyphenation, removing orphaned or widowed lines and other features
- Baseline grid, confirm the text’s baseline alignment in every column and spread.
More in text fields, various symbols, quotation marks, mathematics characters, spaces and tabs, dashes and hyphens, or breaks are offered to add to your projects by Serif Affinity Publisher.
This Desktop Publisher lets you add images of multiple formats to your project with the possibility of using different options and applying adjustments to the layer. And finally, create a perfect image or graphic for your work.
- Image linking or embedding in your document with the complete resource manager
- Collect linked resources
- Graphics pinning for floating or being placed in line with the text
- Place JPG, PNG, PSD, TIFF, AI, PDF, or Affinity files.
- The most complex vector docs support
- Image correction and enhancement with non-destructive adjustment layers
- Basic image adjustments, such as exposure, brightness or contrast, white balance, color balance, vibrance, curves, etc.
- Sleek gradient and transparency controls
- Live preview of all image adjustments, effects, and blend modes
Within Serif Affinity Publisher, numerous advanced designing tools exist to edit vector graphics in the layout.
- Pixel layer conversion to image node
- Exact engineered pen & node tools to make vector shapes & curves
- Boolean operations for adding, subtracting, combining, and dividing shapes
- Linear radial, conical, and bitmap fills
- Add layer effects, i.e., bevels, glows, and shadows
So much to do in a single Desktop Publishing Application. Moreover, this Desktop Publisher integrates images and text links within the document by merging from an external data source (supports JSON, Text or CSV, and Excel files). As a result, you can create business cards, certificates, form letters, tickets, badges, catalogs, and envelopes.
Serif Affinity Publisher also has the customizable live preflight checking option; from the panel, you will get live warnings for possible faults found in your project, like missing images or font resources, poor image resolution, overflowing text, bleed hazards, and others. Thus you can fix the errors in real time.
If you want to make a package, you can collect your project and every used font and image resource within a folder, which is great for collaboration and print production, by sending this to other systems.
This Desktop Publisher offers you complete control over color, managing CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, & Key/Black), RGB (Red, Green, & Blue), greyscale, and LAB color spaces. You have professional color essentials for print.
- Supports for spot color
- ICC color profiles
- End-to-end CMYK
- Supports for Pantone© Library
These are excellent for professional output. Also, open, edit, and get PDF/X (1a, 3, and 4) file output, set overprint controls, and add crop, trim, and bleed marks for a print-ready result.
Talking about one of the most impressive options, Affinity apps integration. Like Adobe InDesign, you can link to other Affinity apps installed on your PC right from the Desktop Publishing Application for Windows using StudioLink. No pain to export the project and import it to other apps; you can switch to the particular vector artwork place Affinity Designer and the advanced photo editing app Affinity Photo. Want to try free and open-source alternatives of Publisher? Go with Scribus
Not the end, but this Desktop Publishing Application has a lot more built-in capabilities
- The color picker tool works smartly by picking precise colors, like averaged sampling or a single point over a part.
- Rotate Canvas, 90, 180, or 270 degrees rotation of a document
- Asset management, make collections of commonly used assets so that you can access them instantly, then drag any of the assets to use into your project.
- Instant undo history, scrub instantly through hundreds of undo steps using the history slider. Besides, save your history along with your project.
- Transform panel, accurately adjust an object’s size, position, rotation, and shear.
- The stroke panel has absolute power over pressure properties, arrowheads, and dashed line styles.
- Transparency tool, use a transparency gradient in your project, supporting linear, conical, elliptical, and radial types.
- Add noise to color fills to get a textured appearance in your task.
- Organizational tools, document organizing using the section manager, and automatically creating indexes and a table of contents.
- Glyph browser, search glyphs for any fonts
- Blistering performance, panning, zooming, and scrolling through documents at 60fps.
- PDF bookmarks, a time-saving tool for digital readers, allowing them to avoid certain bookmarked parts of a document, like an order form
- PDF passthrough, flag imported PDFs for it to make sure that files will be a perfect representation of original PDFs while exporting, whether the embedded fonts are put in or not.
- Studio presets for the UI layout, choose and switch quickly to your preferred workspace setups for different works.
- Keyboard shortcuts with customizing ability
- A lot faster IDML import
- Flattened bitmap representation used for every PSD file
- Divide blend mode
- Blend mode for mask layers
- Curves numeric field controls
- Content sync of store purchases
Supported File Formats
Import and export to all available main vector and raster files, for example, PSD, PNG, JPEG, SVG, EPS, GIF, TIFF, PDF, HDR, WMF, EXR, and TGA.
What is the New Affinity Publisher V2?
The developer, Serif of Affinity Publisher, brought their next major update with this Desktop Publisher. It’s now made even better and easier to produce, publish, and share automated or print-ready publications using an enormous amount of new features and functions.
What are the new features?
The new version of this Desktop Publishing Application gets more features and functions in a redesigned user interface. Everything is listed beneath and available only on the Desktop version-
- User Interface–
- Revamped interface, button & tool icons
- High-contrast interface settings
- Preferences- got New monochromatic iconography
- Scrollable Preferences dialog
- Restructured Export dialog provides an “always on” export preview option
- Window menu- got redesigned Studio panels
- Drag document tabs to new windows
- Redesigned New Document dialog–
- More accessible preset management with preset previews & favorites
- In-dialog access to new document templates, presets, samples, recent documents, and my account
- “Always on” Document summary pane
- Search recent documents (in a list or grid form) with pinning support
- Very new Layers panel–
- Find layer types by the icon (text, shapes, curves, mask, pixel, adjustment)
- Far more precise drop zones for clipping, masking, and reordering
- Infinite levels of cropping or masking layers
- Hide or show all layers
- Drag the Visibility icon down to turn off or on specific layers
- Copy layer FX (effects) from one to another layer
- Parent bar to simply collapse parent items and drop layer beneath or above current parent group
- Right-click on the Visibility button for the Color tag
- Over-over lock icon toggle
- Content link–
- Every Affinity application on a device can now share styles, brushes, swatches, assets, application palettes, etc.
- Stops excessive content import & export between applications on the same device
- Link custom content for sharing with additional applications
- Easy custom 1.x content migration on upgrade
- Book production & management–
- For a book, bring numerous Publisher files together as chapters
- New Books panel, aimed at adding, opening, and editing chapters right from the panel
- Sync text styles, swatches, table formats, and master pages
- Smart updating of page numbers, indexes, and TOCs
- Excellent for multi-author collaboration
- Desktop Publisher essentials–
- Style Picker tool for an object styles transference based on the dropper
- New Notes panel for footnotes, endnotes, and sidenotes
- Content placement
- Quick Grids for the picture or text frame layouts
- Auto-flow of multi-page PDFs & multi-image
- Linked web images placement with the links through CTRL + drag & drop
- Layer visibility override for placed linked files (DXF, DWG, or PDF)— turn off unneeded layers
- Integration with Dropbox API to keep placed resource linkage on several devices
- Export, import, or packaging–
- JPEG XL & WebP file export & import
- AutoCAD DXF or DWG importing, placement, and editing (keeping up layer structure & scaling)
- PDF export will export the unseen vector layer of Affinity with invisible child layers
- Drag & drop Stock panel images to produce new documents
- Save packages again with auto-update of the original folder
- Artistic & frame text–
- Frame text to artistic text conversion, and vice versa
- Support Paste Style for copied text selections
- Right-click the menu to select Top, Bottom, Next, Previous, or Parent
- Select Object or Select Same (picture frames, groups, tables, colors, and others) with the support of a modifier to manage selections
- Multi-object alignment to a selected key object
- Move Tool option to auto-select inside groups
- Curve editing & drawing–
- Node Tool gives Split Curves to add a new node in a selected curve segment’s geometric midpoint
- A red-line indicator on every curve selection displays the winding direction
- Some important additions–
- Better memory management of placing multiple large documents
- Statistic (character, word, line, and paragraph counts) for current selection or document
- Make hyperlinks to section start pages
- Scale override of stroke width, corner radii, layer FX radii, and/or text frame content on object resize
- Better bitmap fills’ scaling using drag & drop from File Explorer, Stock panel, or Assets panel
- Scale stroke widths of multi-object with formula input (such as 200%)
- Use the ‘and’ keys to change stroke width by ‘%’; the ‘Shift’ key decreases or increases by a complete amount
- Preference to restrict the original zoom to 100%
- Edit group contents when a mask’s part
- Solo mode for better working within groups, inserting & eliminating items
- Rasterize more than one layer at once
- Many overlay, outline, and shadow layer effects for each object
- Revamped Boolean operations
- HSL Color Wheel gives the latest colors & hex code with info and usability along with an optional ‘box’ wheel type
Technical Setup Details:
- Software Full Title: Serif Affinity Publisher
- Software Version: 2.0.4
- Full Setup Size: 561 MB
- License: Trialware (30-Day Free Trial)
- Developer: Serif/Affinity.
- Operating System (Only 64 Bit): Windows 10 May 2020 Update (build 19041, 20H1, 2004 or above), 11.
- Memory (RAM): Recommended 8 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space (HDD/SSD): 1 GB available space needed or more in installation
- Graphics Card (GPU): DirectX 10-friendly GPU or more
- Display Size (Resolutions): 1280×768 pixels or greater
Affinity Publisher Free Download
Click and download the latest version of Serif Affinity Publisher. Use the Desktop Publisher for a limited time and then pay once to access everything within the application for a lifetime without a monthly or annual subscription (Official Price). Enjoy the robust and reliable software to design and publish, no matter what you imagine to produce. Note that this Desktop Publishing Application requires H/W GPU acceleration and a Direct3D level 12.0-capable card for a better experience.